Monday 16 April 2012

Aunt's Birthday Card

At the end of February I started to plan and work out my Aunty's Birthday card.  I wanted to do a art deco style card, but at the time I could not find what I was looking for.  Until I went to Readicut, I found what I was looking for!  I made my order every think was going to plan til I had an email to say sorry we are having trouble with your order.  Later I found out they had trouble with getting stock, I ended up cancelling my order.  So back to square one I was - until I bought my fave magazine Lets Make cards . After reading the magazine cover to cover and writing down some webby sites to check out.

Working my down the list of webby site I made I came across one, that saved the day for me.  I joined and made an order up, about two days later the parcel came.... I was and still are thrilled to bits with the items I bought...  After making a cuppa tea I sat down and set to work on my Aunty's Birthday card..

I should say at this point that I could not find any art deco stuff.  I just hope she loves it still!

Anyway I got out my pastel cards plus envelopes and picked out pink. Has this is my aunts fave colour, then I pushed out the layers of the topper and the pink and black pieces to the boarded.  I then got out my double sided sticky pads, to help layer up the piece's of the topper...  Once I had finished that I then cut the pink strip along the bottom to size.  Then I stuck the topper on and the pink strip with the black one on top.  I knew I had some paper flowers so I got out a pink plus purple one and stuck them on with a pink gem stone that my aunty had bought me a while back. The last item I popped on the card was 'Happy Birthday' Not sure if you can see it very well as it is on the black strip!

Please find below picture!

I have to say I love this card, just got to work on my unlce's birthday card now! I will keep you all posted...

P.s: Please let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment