Saturday 12 May 2012

70th Birthday Card

Two day after putting my aunts birthday card in the post.  I started designing my uncles 70th birthday card.  I wrote down all the things he is into.  Which to be honest is not a lot, in the end I decide on the one main thing. The thing he is always up to when I phone, in the garden! So as you can guess I decided on a Garden theme.....

A few day's later, 18th April I sat down and set to work, making his card.  I took a lime green blank card and envelope, then I popped the envelope to one side.  I then put the card onto my craft mat and got out some white cardstock.  Then I measured
 the white card against the green card making sure the white card was 1cm smaller on the sides and 4cm top and bottom.  I then got out a Christmas green cardstock and cut that 1cm smaller on the top, bottom and sides, than the white card. The same again with the white card.  I hope I have not confuse any of you! 

I took the large white square and stuck that onto the lime green card using double-sided sticky tape.  The smaller green and white card I stuck on using sticky pads.

After laying the squares up, it was time to put on the little garden items I had bought specially..

I firstly put the sliver watering can on the white card unsing trusted double-sided sticky tape.  Then I used sticky pads to stick the strip of green grass down.  The same for the folk and the little folk plus trowel. I also use some trim-it glue to stick them to the grass.

The picture below is how the card looked.

I left the card for a little while because I wanted to get a add-on that said " Happy 70th Birthday".
But I was un-successfully on finding a add-on that said that, :( so back to the drawing board....

~

The first week of May I went to the newly open The Range in my area.  I have to say the Range have a fantastic craft section in store, not online it rubbish! If you ever get a chance to go to one, You must go!

While I was there I got a few things, some peel-off's the Docrafts Creativity magazine and a
pack of Papermania add-on's.  



Once I got home, I set up my work table and got out my uncles card.  I picked out a 'Happy Birthday' (from the add-ons that I had just bought) to suit the card. Once I had picked out the add-on that I wanted to use, I got out my little sticky pads, to stick the Happy Birthday on the card.  I also got out my number peel off's. I popped a 70 on the Watering Can.
 
Here is the picture of the card now!


My uncle's Birthday isn't til two weeks time! So I will let you all know what he thinks.
P.s. Please let me know what you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment